We want you to get the most out of your Bethel & Co candles. We strive to help you create a cozy, inviting home while filling your space with a beautiful, calming aroma. For the most effective way to do this, please follow our candle care tips below.
- When lighting for the first time burn until wax melts across entire surface to the sides of vessel (this prevents tunneling, and creates an even burn for the duration of the candle’s life)
- Always trim your wick before relighting your candle. The ideal size for a trimmed wick is 1/4 on an inch. That allows you to have a steady, even flame & prevents soot/mushroom build up
- To preserve the fragrance, we do not recommend burning your candle more than 4 hours at a time.
- Please keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Extinguish candle with a snuffer, or dip wick into melted wax and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. This prevents that smoky burnt smell you get when you blow out your candle.
- Avoid burning your candles near vents, draft or fans.
- The candle jar will be hot after burning, so allow the wax to cool completely before handling.
- Never leave a lit candle unattended